Epoxy Injection Grouting for Residents in Alabama
There are two facts about poured concrete. One, it will get hard and two, it is susceptible to cracks. Poured concrete is designed to support foundation walls, but over time cracks may develop. This makes structures susceptible to water leakage and floods. In addition, concrete cracks are inevitable and unappealing, creating corroded steel reinforcements and damage to buildings. They can be formed by settlement or over-saturated soil, and can be easily repaired. If you have concrete cracks, contact the professionals at Nichols / Grout Tech. We use epoxy injections to restore the strength of cracked concrete structures.
What is epoxy grouting? Epoxy grouting is one of the most versatile products for structural restoration. It is made to retract water and expand in-place, creating an impermeable seal to prevent water leakage through cracks and joints. It can be used to stop leaks for the following structures:
- Slab on grade
- Vertical wall cracks
- Concrete walls
- Columns and piers
- Reinforced concrete decks
Installation techniques may vary due to different types of field conditions; however, there are standard procedures for most epoxy grouting. The installation process involves the following steps:
- The crack and surfaces is cleaned out by removing debris, dirt, grease, oil and mineral deposits to allow the material to bond properly.
- Rebar is located to prevent damage. Holes are drilled into the concrete. The depth and diameter of the hole are carefully considered. Most holes are 1/2 to 5/8 in diameter, and the width of the cracks help determine the drill hole spacing.
- Packers are placed into the drill hole.
- To remove debris or dust particles, cracks are cleaned out with water to help react with the grout.
- Wide cracks and high water flows are sealed with epoxy gel.
- Since epoxy doesn’t bond well with wet concrete, excess water must be removed from the crack. After the surface is completely dry, the grout is injected.
- After injecting the grout, the equipment is washed including the pump and hoses. The packers are removed and the drilled holes are patched.
Benefits of Epoxy Injection Grouting in Alabama
- Reliable material
- Tensile strength of cured epoxy is stronger than poured concrete
- Increases structural integrity
- Prevents water intrusion
- Corrosion resistant
- Prevents spalling
- Cost effective
- No shrinkage
At Grout Tech, our contractors will make sure your epoxy injections create a rigid, solid seal to prevent re-cracking in the long run. Using the right material and equipment, the injection process is effectively completed. Contact us today to learn more about the procedure. We serve residents in Alabama.