Nichols/Grout Tech Waterproofing Contractors in Alabama
Basement water is a problem for homeowners not only in Alabama, but throughout the country. Before you attempt to fix the problem yourself, you need to know what is causing it and what the best solution is. Often, water issues in the basement are the result of a foundation problem or lack of proper drainage around the house. This is why it is important to have your home examined by a professional for any signs of a basement water issue or foundation problem. The waterproofing contractors from Nichols/Grout Tech of Alabama can help you do just that.
Some common signs of a surface water problem include water pooling in the yard, or a leaky basement. If you are dealing with excess groundwater around your home, you may see mold growth or high humidity in your basement, and you may notice water seepage through the concrete walls. Drainage problems can also lead to basement moisture – signs of this issue include water in the basement or water stains on the floor and walls. No matter what the issue is, the team at Nichols/Grout Tech can find the right solution to get your home back to normal.
Waterproofing Services from Nichols/Grout Tech for Your Alabama Home
Fortunately, there is a way to take car of all of the basement water issues in your home. The team at Nichols/Grout Tech offers several different basement waterproofing techniques to get your home back to normal in no time. The waterproofing solutions that we can provide for your home are:
- Surface Drainage: This can help to reduce water pooling in your yard so that it does not have a chance to seep into the basement. Surface drainage systems usually include gutters, downspouts, grading around the home, and a variety of drywells and catch basins in the yard.
- Exterior Drainage: This system consists mainly of a waterproof membrane around the foundation that serves to lock out moisture, To prevent water buildup, a drainage board is placed over the membrane to help water flow downward to be collected by drain pipes.
- Interior Drainage: Inside the home, it may be necessary to have drain pipes and channels that collect any water from leaks or seepage and carry it to the sump pump system, which removes it from the home.
- Sump Pump Systems: The sump pit is where water from the interior drainage system is stored until the sump pump is turned on to actively remove the water from the basement.
- Battery Back-up Sump Pumps: If your main sump pump does not cut it, you may want to have a back-up sump pump installed. This will also help the system keep running in the case of a power outage.
These are some of the services that we provide for home and business owners in the state of Alabama and nearby locations. To determine which one of these services is right for your home or business, look for common problems defined above and contact one of our professionals. Our service area includes the cities:
Call us today to learn more about hiring Nichols/Grout Tech’s professional waterproofing contractors to take care of the moisture problem in your basement!