Team Member: Wage Range: $10.00 – $15.00 DOE (with paid vacation and holidays)
Primary Job Duties:
1. Perform tasks involving physical labor at industrial/commercial/residential sites. Will operate hand and power tools of various types: earth tampers; generators; concrete saws; hydraulic mixers/pumps/cylinders; small equipment (such as mini excavators and skid steers). Will clean and prepare sites; dig trenches, holes and prepare footings for foundation brackets; clean up rubble and debris; and tear out concrete. Will assist other craft workers. Follow instructions.
2. Assist in the installation of helical/push piers and wall anchors/tiebacks into earth using proper tools to do so.
3. Mix and Pour/Pump cement- and urethane-based grouts under slabs, into concrete forms, and under footings.
4. Position and secure steel bars in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete.
5. Complete full installation of carbon fiber straps and staples.
6. Tear-out and remove drain-tile in and around homes, and install drainage systems (waterproofing; french drains, etc.).
7. Safely drive a truck or van, primarily to jobs, but also to deliver or pick up material supplies; verify receipt of ordered and/or purchased materials. Load and unload trucks properly.
8. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
9. Be on time and ready for work everyday.
10. Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition. Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles and fill out proper paper work pertaining to the vehicle repairs for service men. Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires, installing lights, fuses or other minor issues that may arise.
11. Report any safety issues.
Required Skills :
Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
The physical demands of this position require the ability to demonstrate full range of motion with neck, arms, shoulders, hands, torso, legs and feet. Must be able to lift and carry materials and tools in excess of 75 lb. using abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly.
1. Punctuality: Being there every day as required; being prepared and mentally present
a. Be on time and at work every day except for scheduled vacations, scheduled days off, sick days/emergencies (both with doctor’s excuse).
b. Learn the company procedures and policies.
2. Attitude, integrity, honesty and trust
a. Keep a positive attitude and be able to work well with others. Team oriented.
3. Skills and Continuing Education
a. Learn the positions basic responsibilities within 90 days.
b. Accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
c. Learn how to efficiently and safely operate small equipment such as, compactor, drills, bobcat, circular saw, laser, demo hammer, grinder, pump cart, etc.
a. Make good use of any down time.
5. Customer satisfaction, quality, attention to detail, thorough job completion.
a. Look and understand the big picture on any job.
b. Work safely.
c. Keep job site, trucks, and equipment CLEAN.
Critical Performance Factors:
2. Sense of urgency!
3. Comprehends and listens efficiently.
4. Team player who gets along well with others. (Bad attitudes will be eliminated).
5. Flexible and able to “change gears” at a moment’s notice.
6. Able to be fully present during the work hours with no outside distractions, (i.e. personal phone calls/text messages/e-mails).
7. Honest and forthright character.
8. Good communication skills.
9. Organized, detailed, and clean-up oriented.
For more information or to apply contact Steve at (205) 216-0220.